Sunday 9 January 2011

Some of my first beads made at home

My studio has now been set up for a week and I have managed to get to the torch most days.  I should be torching today but some of my equipment needs a bit of TLC after the cold night and damp weather.  I thought I would share some of the better beads I have made and those that I am most pleased with.

First are a couple of big hole beads, the pink one is clear with a reactive frit and is prettier in real life, the other one was dots with spots that did, to be honest, go a bit wonky.

The second photo is of two dotty beads that I rather like.

The third is of two hollow beads with little spacers, the biggest one was the first hollow bead I made and I am very pleased that I managed to make it without it collapsing or breaking.

The final photo (a bit out of focus on the blue bead) is of two gravity swirl beads I made.  I have to say I am particuarly pleased with the red one!



No comments:

Post a Comment