Saturday 27 November 2010

Getting excited now

It's been brilliant, renting torch time at the studio where I had my first lesson in lampworking, if things go ARGHHH there is always a helping hand and support and advice and lots of fun and good company too,  but I so want my own space so I can make beads when I want to.  Have found a few pennies to spend on equipment and now the outbuilding has electricity again so I will be able to see, but I desperately need a table and chair to work on.  Our lovely landlord promised to make me something, but as with everything I am impatient.  Did see something very suitable on freecycle but I was too slow...  Anyway, patience is a virtue they say so I must practice it.

Biggest other problem right now is struggling with one of my all time favorite colours, dark turquoise, it is reactive and for some reason I seem to be getting it wrong.  Next session at the studio is in two weeks and I am sure my wonderful mentor will put me right.  

Also trying to get good photos, have a great camera, but the light is so bad at the moment it is proving difficult.  I could do with light box, but just something else to spend money on at the moment so am trying to find other ways to solve some of the problems.  Have a cunning plan which if we get a bit of sun again I will try out, so should get some more photos up again soon and will try to get some pieces made up from my stash of beads already made.

One thing that I have been really pleased with from my last session is using frit, crushed glass, which you can roll your hot bead in and then melt or do lots of other things with.  Bought some from a lovely lady and had a go recently with really great results.  These will probably go into a necklace for my mum for Christmas so once made and if my photo plan works, will put up the pictures.  

Hope everyone is warm and OK, jolly jolly chilly here!

No comments:

Post a Comment